Saturday, October 6, 2007

Thing 4 - Social Networking

Ok, so here we are at 'Thing 4'. In this installment we're going to talk about social networking.

Social networking websites are designed to connect people. This is done by posting a profile for others to see and then searching through others profiles. Then you can make connections based on whatever types of things you are interested in. If your looking for a job? Try Linkedin.com. I found that it wasn't as good as Careerbuilder.com for job postings, but if your trying to make connections with people rather than businesses, it works. Looking for a long lost friend? Make a page on Facebook.com. I've only been on this site for three days and already I have reunited with five friends that I went to school with. Amazing!

I was never a fan of myspace or facebook but now that I live farther away from where I grew up, it is coming in handy. I can keep tabs on people that I don't get to see much anymore and the same goes for them. So far my experiences have been good. Till next time.

Cheers!

2 comments:

rich said...

glad to hear you're reconnecting with friends :) where did you grow up?

The One and Only said...

I grew up in a small town near Green Bay, WI.